Monday, March 21, 2016

What's Your Stance? Blog Reflection

1. Honestly, I had to change my view on the topic over the time period of doing the project. I did not do so because it was clearly easier to do. When I started this project, I was struggling on coming up with a topic. Due to that, I had to come to more of a realization of the topic. I took a broader view on how technology has affect my life. It has clearly taken a toll of my entire life. I have a game that logs how many hours I have played. When I saw that it had 1,300 hours logged, I completely shut down. I was on game for over a thousand hours and it only took only a year. My view of technology changed throughout the process of the project and also helped me to manage my time with my computer. Finally, the poster shows that the technology affect humans and that how I feel. The human body in the poster grows more out of shape over time due to technology and thats what I wanted to warn the public with, before it was too late for some.

2. Since I changed my idea, I don't think that I have shown my complete image that I originally wanted in my thumbnail sketches. Originally in my thumbnail sketches, I wanted to have either a a row of words showing my idea and either a cartoon way of saying technology is good. However, even though it was completely different, I do like the way that my poster looks right now. I feel pretty accomplished to have the poster look the way it is.

3. From the first draft, I had made a simple plain document with and earth with a wire wrapped around it. It became the dot to the dot of the WiFi signal symbol. It was to show the idea of technology but it didn't quite show my stance. Therefore I went with my final poster look by showing a change over time of a person to the future.

4. Conceptually, I believe is my strongest point. This is because one can easily see what I am trying to state from my poster with the images and the text as well. However, my weakest point would probably my design part because I think that I could've better laid out my images and text.

5. The most challenging part of the project was getting an idea on the computer and actually making it work. I was unable to clearly grasp an idea that could show my stance properly.

6. Technically, the most stressful part of aligning things better with each other and putting them in places where it would benefit the composition in all. It was all because we are all not yet completely accustomed to the new program Adobe Illustrator although we may have worked with it for a while. There are still many options that I am unsure about.

4 comments:

  1. So basically your stance is going against technology because as technology advances, it harms people even more. I understand how as technology become more advanced, people start to use it more and that it overall will cause society to go in a downfall. I also like how there is the picture of new technology and old technology, and that the new technology causes obesity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your poster. I feel like the stance is that people in society now spend too much time on social media or television and get entertainment from a screen.
    I can see that through the texts and the changes in the size of the people.
    The poster is very clear and was motivated to not spend so much time with a screen.
    There's two sides that represent society before and and right now. I saw different contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your poster! I think technology is not something that we would consider to be affecting us negatively. It's undervalued, in fact. I like the dark colors and contrasts and the different shapes/sizes. It also shows a disconnect: people spend too much time with television, for example. And so there is this clear divide in your poster as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Your poster is just awesome! It really shows what your stance is, which I think it's to stop using technology daily. The fact that you use two different people, a healthy one, and a fat one, really helps to show what technology can do to us. Not only that, by using a different computer, it shows how much our technology advanced. Additionally, by using that cool and fire background, it really help the pictures to stand out more. Next time, you should use a different color for the font, since it blends in with the background.

    ReplyDelete